Saturday, March 4, 2017

Eric Carle Inspired Art--Part Two


I am so excited to share this post! Two weeks ago, I shared part one of our Eric Carle inspired art projects, and the students have finally completed them. 


After sharing a number of Eric Carle books, the students were able to recognize his collage style quite easily. I wasn't sure, however, how well they would be able to replicate his technique in their own work. Wow! I was pleasantly surprised! One thing I have learned this year is that if you provide students with the materials and inspiration, they can create far greater works of art than they ever could doing "cookie cutter" art projects. I believe the work below speaks for itself...


"This is a dog park."

"This is a waterpark. It has two slides. There is a person on the top
and a person on the bottom.

"We made a dragon inside a cave."

"This is a house and a yard."

"I made a heart collage."

"We made a city."

"This is a dragonfly and a person."

"We made a mountain with people and animals."

"This is a place in the forest that has a house and an animal on a hill."

2 comments:

  1. These collages are story art, worthy of publishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are right, they are truly amazing. It is remarkable what children can do when we encourage creativity rather than stifle it.

      Delete